Tips for Actors – Memorization!
One of the hardest things for young actors is MEMORIZATION!
Some actors feel they have fallen behind due to missing class or just want a little extra help. Any actor or any age can use these tips and tricks to improve their memorization.
- “Can you tell me the story of each scene?” Talking through what happens in each part of the story helps actors really understand how their lines fit.
- Read each scene (every line from every character) out loud 3 times.
- Have a parent/friend do every line *except* yours
- Timed! Do a scene with a stop watch. Repeat 3-5 times, each time trying to beat your time!
- Do the above tips EVERY NIGHT until your next rehearsal.
- Bask in the glory of being the most memorized kid in class.